View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CaesarTjalboOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 13.07.2011, 15:48

Anecdote: I got the impression that when I switched to another terminal (e.g. ctrl + alt + f2) and back, the scrolling messages stopped.

Reply with quote Back to top
arwaOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 13.07.2011, 16:53

Maybe the printing of the output is optimized if not visible, so that the output is much faster while you are on another console? Just a guess.

horoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 13.07.2011, 18:42

arwa,
you got it, if i do dmesg or another program with a lot of output where only the last lines matter and i forgot to put "|tail" behind the call i'll have to switch to term2 and back to avoid 10 or 20 seconds staring at a smootly scrolling screen (my console shows about 80 textlines).
Hint: you can cycle terminals also with <ALT><RIGHTARROW> and <ALT><LEFTARROW>

Ciao, Martin

CaesarTjalboOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 13.07.2011, 22:46

@ arwa: Seems like a better explanation than assuming cause and effect. I hadn't thought of it, in my imagination the 'other terminal' just runs through like nothing changes. What can I say, I'm the kind of kid that once had to close the door real slow to see if the light in the fridge really went out Wink

LRCOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 05.01.2012, 05:33

Know I am a little late on the post. Had a lexmark driver that added extra blank lines and spaces to my /var/lib/dpkg/status file. Took me a while to figure out the problem. Getting this error in large amounts probably because I have gnome installed also. I have come across this problem before. Never causes any trouble other then d-u's take forever. Did the ctrl-z/fg adding the loader cache and it seems to have done the trick as I have stopped getting any more of those loops.
BTW great distro you guys have put together.

Jump to: