View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wiarus_oldOffline
Post subject: Disturbing Skype problem  PostPosted: 18.05.2011, 10:41

Hi!

I have a disturbing problem with skype. I know, I know, it is not an open source software, but I need it for everyday use.

Every time I start skype, sound and video devices are configured incorrectly. I have two video devices in the system and the system at startup qualifies them as an alternative /dev/usb0 or /dev/usb1. Nobody can guess what will be the order on the next system startup. Also, Skype does not know. The same applies to the microphone. I have integrated sound card and USB headset with microphone, which I use.
Every time when starting skype, I am forced to manually change the settings in the setup.

It is possible that the problem exists on the skype developers side who do not know the latest ways of doing things by the Linux kernel. Perhaps it is a more complex problem.

Does anyone have similar experiences and maybe any solution to this problem?

Greetings

Janusz

Last edited by wiarus_old on 18.05.2011, 13:04; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Ilinsekt
Post subject:   PostPosted: 18.05.2011, 12:06

Just an idea: you could write a custom UDEV rule. Having never done that, I can not tell you exactly how to proceed.

wiarus_oldOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 19.05.2011, 12:13

Thanks for the advice, I also do not have experience with udev, so I will try to explore this topic. Anyway, I read after searching network that it is not necessarily a problem with Skype only, and may need a general solution for the system.

Greetings

Jump to: