View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
frapelliOffline
Post subject: Asus Xonar ST no sound  PostPosted: 27.05.2011, 21:02

I installed on my system a Xonar ST audiocard. No sound in browser and certain applications (vlc, Qmmp, Audacity, and in browers). Only Kaffeine can play audio.

On another forum (PCLOS) I red that "that sound card has a bridge from sound card to hdmi",

http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.ph ... 227.0.html

and that bridge must be blacklisted. Actually that worked in PCLOS, but I don't know how to manage it in Aptosid.

Thanks for your help

Reply with quote Back to top
bfreeOffline
Post subject: RE: Asus Xonar ST no sound  PostPosted: 28.05.2011, 00:27
Team Member

It's very hard to guess what your problem is from this description but I do guess that you have multiple soundcards (one of them being part of a video card). You can try running "aplay -l" to see a list of the audio output devices on your system and then create .asoundrc file in your home directory (or ./etc/asound.conf) to tell it to use the device you want as the default output device for pcm audio.

For example I have onboard audio and hdmi audio and want the audio to come out via hdmi. aplay -l tells me that the hdmi device is card 0 device 3 so I put the following in my .asoundrc file
      Code:
pcm.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 3
}

Fingers crossed with this you will be hearing the output from all programs.

frapelliOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.05.2011, 18:40

Thanks bfree, now it works, but only with one application at the time. If VLC is playing no sound in browser, and the other way around.

I remember I found this issue somewhere in the net, but I could not find it again.

Jump to: