View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.06.2011, 12:05

Quote:
This is the law.

“you will be…. absorbed.”

I find it amusing that if you mention the word 'Fun' in one paragraph and 'The Law' in another suddenly they are synonymous or ehh, hmm, mutually exclusive?

Mentioning 'Fun' was me trying to draw attention to the fact that some here seem to be carrying flaming torches.

And me not getting into the GPL with these 'law' spouters is my choice. Clearly everyone knows the 'The Law' and I know now I can rest in peace.

"Landru Commands you!"

But please do keep this going, fun, law, forbidden, self promoting, Aptosid not Aptosid and someone please, Remastersys. Uh, oh Rolling Eyes

Best,
Xeta

Reply with quote Back to top
wiarus_oldOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.06.2011, 14:53

Xeta, don't be upset!

I love the way You have a joy/fun in create things.
I love to write scripts, build machines, create something. It's all beautiful indeed.
But between our emotions and world around us is something as like as baloon to protect other people (or us) from something that can do a harm.
This baloon name is - the law.
So I can understand aptosid developers rules.
And I encourage You to have a fun/joy!
Maybe You can build a team and do more then only "your private iso" in serious way, I think.

While we want to be free, in fact, we live in bondage to the law, even if it's GPL
Geronymous Wiarus

...and that's the way the cookie crumbles...
Bruce Almighty

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.06.2011, 15:15

Hi wiarus,

I understand and agreed to the developers rules immediately, ya know. Heck, I had no choice in the matter since they removed my link. That's okay Smile. I think the first comment that came at me was 'Why Remaster' we're not supposed to remaster. But what if, before we ever do an upgrade, we install Aptosid- then go through all the trouble (not so much really but it is time consuming) to install e17 and a few other goodies- configure things- Google Voice- Flash etc. then, we we make a Remastersys iso and save it. Install to hard drive and as was said before never install again. That's the good scenario. But things do happen. Things break anyway, computers die- but I'll have that Remaster and it's a good thing. It's not Pyfll, but it works. I'm occasionally trying new distros and this way I can pick up where I left off. At least now while it's working. It may not at some point for example after an another upgrade.

The thing is I kept being reminded by people I don't know- 'what's the point of Remastering', 'it's frowned upon', 'Synaptic is bad', 'you can't link to other sites' all of which I felt had been handled or, I now knew about- and then GPL. I wasn't asked nicely about it. I was, as I wrote, lectured to. And even now, I'm tempted to talk about it but because of the delivery I have no desire to do so. In the least. I have a lot I'd like to say.

I do appreciate your post though.

Best,
Xeta

ShakaZOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 16.06.2011, 14:43

Hi Xeta,

just to say you I appreciate the efforts you made to make the e17 experience on aptosid less painfull.

I don't understand why the aptosid team reacts the way they do. Well I do get a general idea from what I read, though it seems counter-productive and not in the spirit of opensource.

That the aptosid team doesn't want to support your remastered system is understandable. The bad attitude, unwillingness to help, deleting links to your effort is really a pity.
Most other distro's forums I've visited welcome people wanting to remaster, are helpful and accept links to the remastered isos or even publish them in a dedicated offsprings page or thread. Examples that come to my mind; Knoppix, Kanotix (yeah the ancestors of Aptosid...), Puppy Linux, and many others.

Just hoping one day the aptosid team will embrace their community instead of pushing them away.

dptOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.07.2011, 17:55

Can we please, please, just take a break from this for some time
so that everyone involved can reset their brains?

For those who want to remaster, there is sidux-underground. If they have not changed the name.

As a developer of micro-controller based systems , I can understand the reluctance of the small team
of developers (especially working on sid) to have umpteen avoidable issues in the forums.

At this point of time I do not know who is a developer, who is a team member, or who is both,
except perhaps just one or two, so nothing personal for or against anyone.

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.07.2011, 18:02
Team Member

And why are you calling to calm down, by refreshing this one month old topic?
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
dptOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 16.07.2011, 04:16

My mistake,I did not see the date.
Need to reset my brain too.

dpt

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 16.07.2011, 11:25

Smile

Jump to: