View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
arwaOffline
Post subject: aptosid 2011-02?  PostPosted: 19.06.2011, 09:39

I know, I should not ask, because asking for the next release pushes the release date into future for some days, but...

As I want to install aptosid on a new PC it would be nice to not have to go through the big upgrade from KDE4.4 to 4.6, etc., that is required after installing aptosid 2011-01. So if there is a new release soon (the next days) I would wait for it.

Perhaps there is already a release candidate for 64bit that you would like to get tested that I could try?

Thanks,
arwa

Reply with quote Back to top
bfreeOffline
Post subject: RE: aptosid 2011-02?  PostPosted: 19.06.2011, 10:37
Team Member

There is never any sort of a private release candidate, instead people build their own images for testing.

Bugs are still being found/squashed and features improved/tested.

There are also a few new versions of things that are hoped to make it to sid in time for 2011-02.

So 2011-02 is coming soon, but as always there will be no predictions about release dates. Until it is built and tested, at which point it will be immediately uploaded, there can always be show-stopping bugs found (perhaps newly introduced in sid) so there will be no teasing with optimistic guesses of when a release might happen.

arwaOffline
Post subject: RE: aptosid 2011-02?  PostPosted: 19.06.2011, 11:30

Ok, thank you, bfree.

As I cannot expect anything new the next days, I just will use the last release. Upgrading works for years now on my old PC, so it will not be a problem.

Just for interest: What are the new things that are hoped to make it into sid soon?

Greetings,
arwa

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: aptosid 2011-02?  PostPosted: 19.06.2011, 17:38

any day now I bet...lets be patient Very Happy

Jump to: