View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
giaurOffline
Post subject: Where to get 2.6.37 aptosid kernel and headers?  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 07:55

Hello,

Sorry, maybe this question is stupid, but: where can I get aptosid kernel, version 2.6.37? I need kernel and headers and I need exactly this version (not newer).

Is this available somewhere?

Reply with quote Back to top
slamOffline
Post subject: RE: Where to get 2.6.37 aptosid kernel and headers?  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 08:13
Team Member

It's on the 2011-01 release ISO.
However, you should use our latest kernel, and post the real problem in order to give us a chance to help you solving it.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
giaurOffline
Post subject: RE: Where to get 2.6.37 aptosid kernel and headers?  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 09:47

I need this kernel version because of my tv tuner drivers - they won't compile with newer kernel. I've tried everything I can without any succeess, so only solution is to use older, supported kernel.

And I need to install this on my Debian Sid. Is there any archive containing older kelner versions? It seems I won't find packages in aptosid repo - only latest kernel is available?

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: Where to get 2.6.37 aptosid kernel and headers?  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 14:07

Why not post information about your TV tuner...it *may* require firmware and also perhaps there are patches floating around for that particular tuner driver to allow it to compile on newer kernels. Did you check the makers's website for updates?

giaurOffline
Post subject: RE: Where to get 2.6.37 aptosid kernel and headers?  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 16:18

I've already asked about my tuner on this forum: http://aptosid.com/index.php?name=PNphp ... amp;t=1313 but no one has solution for me. Also, I did everything described here: http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Kworld_UB499-2T - I've got it compiled, but modprobe fails:

modprobe dvb-usb-it9135 FATAL: Error inserting dvb_usb_it9135 (/lib/modules/2.6.39-0.slh.3-aptosid-amd64/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-it9135.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
[ 1036.955198] dvb_usb_it9135: Unknown symbol __stack_chk_fail (err 0) [ 1036.955493] dvb_usb_it9135: Unknown symbol mcount (err 0)

This never works - does not matter if I use aptosid or any other kernel. I can see latest supported (without any problems) kernel is 2.6.37, so I have only one idea - use kernel 2.6.37.
Of course - if you have any idea, please let me know. I really don't want to downgrade kernel, but it seems to be only solution - I have no idea how to correct this by myself, and I can't find any solution on the net.

Jump to: