View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 08:38
Team Member

Yep, my mistake.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
clubexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 11:11

slam:
Perhaps I'm being old-fashioned but doesn't your misattribution also warrant an apology to xetaprime.

se7enOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 12:13

Smile

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 12:15
Team Member

@clubex, personal issues have no place here, we can clear them in PM. xetaprime can PM me, I can PM him - no need or reason for anyone to jump in here. If he or me eventually need moderation in this process, we would ask for help. Thank you!
Greetings,
Chris

Last edited by slam on 28.06.2011, 12:21; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 12:19
Team Member

@se7en:
      se7en wrote:
... Anyway I have nothing to add anymore. I could have not have said it more beautiful than slam already did. This will be my last post in this forum...

This was just one week ago. But it seems that you would like to continue to post. Just a pitty that your post did not contribute anything.
It is however a good proof for the argument "let's forget all those 'I am leaving posts'", as the very topic is about.
Greetings,
Chris

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 13:58

Thanx muchan and clubex Smile

se7enOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 14:01

Ok slam you might want to improve your reading skills, you getting things confused here.

I did never start a "leaving post". In fact I started a thread in which I stated my disappointment with the tone of some members of this forum.
Your response did prove my point and went a bit to fare for my taste:

Quote:
(meaning: eat your own shit if you love it, I will not touch it).

Which is the rudest insult I have read in this forum over the last years to be honest.

Yes I did say that I would stay away.
      Quote:
I could have not have said it more beautiful than slam already did. This will be my last post in this forum.

Not because I do not agree with the rules of this forum but because of YOUR tone.

And since you brought it up again. I never post without a solution.

Let's just put it this way, I have no problem with anybody else in this forum and I will keep my posts to a minimum.
So to avoid any further trouble. Would you just please not answer to any of my questions/remarks anymore? There are surely other members who can answer.

If this is not possible than you could start a poll "Should se7en be still able to post or should we delete his account?"

Or you do it without the poll.

I am better off without your insults.

Yes I am guilty of stating that I would not post anymore and I did anyway. I hope that will not lead to termination.

Thanks

Se7en

ghstryderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 15:17

I've had houseguests like some of you folks, but never twice.

DonKultOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 17:07
Team Member

My answer should be: Sad

My answer is:
@se7en, doesn't get angry because someone said that your post "Smile" was completely useless as much as my answer with "Sad" would have been. It seems to be common practice here to declare to never post again in an own thread or just in a posting to such a thread to come back a few days later to post again -- and usually not to a productive thread with a a productive post to say the least. And you did both, so please bear with us that we opened the well-used and -filled "i would ignore him if that would not be a support forum there a team member has to answer"-drawer and tried to put you into it. We have closed this drawer again and are looking forward to see productive posts from you again now that you have said you will do so.

If you have further problems with anyone try to talk to him/her - not in a public forum but in a private message. You can get public to get a moderator later on if the two of you can't workout a solution on their own, but talking straight from the beginning in the public will push your "opponent" naturally in a defensive position from there it will be vary hard to reach a solution: And thats the whole idea of talking, to reach a solution, doesn't it?

I would say now: Back to topic, but the topic is rather boring as this thread is still not locked… Seems like the team does always the wrong thing, regardless of what it does. Wink

clubexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 23:24

slam:
I would have thought that as you made a public defamation of xetaprime then you should give a public apology.

all:
This is a symptom of the disrespect which is often often used by some team members against someone they disagree with. Not only does it anger the recipient it is also shows a lack of good manners.

I suspect that most of the people who are in conflict with the team are so not because the team says it doesn’t like the problems solving methods used by some people. Rather they are offended by the bad mannered attitude the team often uses to express it's opinion. It's no good saying that people are too thin-skinned as all of us have a right to be treated with respect and decency.

In the teams defence they don't seem to realise their attitude causes offence because they always downplay the language used and instead react as if people are objecting solely to their opinion/rules.

Maybe it's a clash of cultures. I don't know. But, for me, until this conflict of attitudes is resolved these forums will remain unpleasant places to visit.

se7enOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 29.06.2011, 01:54

Just to clear matters. After that you can keep your skeletons in your closet.

I did start a thread that was meant to help and not destroy. Believe or not. I saw a tendency but had no personal problem with anyone.
I did after I got attacked very rude by "the one".
Best thing to do not post anymore in order to not cause more unsolvable problems and because of a lack of words.
I did never think about PM because for me the starting problem was not a private one.

I did the smallest comment "a happy face" to contribute my agreement with clubex. That for the freedom sake it would be nice to hear another apology.

That is IT.
I will still post my opinion whenever I fell like it.

LatOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 29.06.2011, 23:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx0Shn5Hvpc Warning: it may contain traces of cheese.

piperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 30.06.2011, 01:29

Lat wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx0Shn5Hvpc Warning: it may contain traces of cheese.

This song was played in space when NASA beamed it to the linking of Soviet cosmonauts and U.S. astronauts in 1975

I like the original one much better (war) Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liq_wYFkMoU

LatOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 30.06.2011, 01:45

thanks piper. I intended to link both versions, but when I searched for the title I didn't know War was the name of the group

clubexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 30.06.2011, 09:29

Coincidently I was thinking on similar lines. I was thinking of Jack Nicolson's comic portrayal of a US president in the film "Mars Attack" when he says "Why can't we all just get along". Just before he gets properly shafted! Very Happy

Jump to: