View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
piperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 19:29

xetaprime

xetaprime wrote:
Not yet Twisted Evil apparently. Anyone want to say something really really bad?

hmmm, I love gui more than I like typing? I love Remastersys and Synaptic? ehh... and... I think gui is where it is all heading and eventually sux, sudo, su will be a thing of the past (fingers crossed) Rolling Eyes

You waited a while for this, you just made a fool of yourself and shows who you are, I had my .... from the beginning, I do know ...

Now your trying to have this thread locked on purpose --- Why ? Why are you Trolling yes Trolling

Quote:

I think gui is where it is all heading and eventually sux, sudo, su will be a thing of the past

I believe you fit well in a windows environment, I actully don't even think ubuntu is good for you (no smilie because I am serious)

Have a nice day, don't forget to smile, I will not feed the trolls ..

Reply with quote Back to top
dptOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 19:48

xetaprime wrote:
Not yet Twisted Evil apparently. Anyone want to say something really really bad?

hmmm, I love gui more than I like typing? I love Remastersys and Synaptic? ehh... and... I think gui is where it is all heading and eventually sux, sudo, su will be a thing of the past (fingers crossed) Rolling Eyes

Thread locked or not, your mind seems to be locked. I see you getting deleted soon. The first I will see in years. You enter with new name, you will be detected after your first post.

Do not waste time.Learn to respect the developers and the serious users.

Buy a W$ touch-screen mobile.

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 20:14

Wow, I was just having a bit of fun really Shocked Even if i do believe things are heading the gui way why so crass? Troll? Seriously? Lighten up!

I also didn't attack anyone but suddenly I am a fool and not even good enough for Ubuntu? How mean spirited is that!!!

And for the record, I do type but I'm not a good typist and one of the reasons is a bad eye muscle and i find it difficult to focus on the keys. This is true and I still believe things are headed visually. Does that make me an evil sinner?

Sincerely,
Xeta

P.S. Ha! Like I've been laying in wait to spring this? I thought it was funny. Didn't mean to ooh upset anyone, jeeze!

P.P.S. @dpt
      Quote:
You enter with new name, you will be detected after your first post.

How paranoid is that!?!? Like if I was banned for what I ask you, that I would sneak back in?

ghstryderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 21:11

Ok, I'm not going to roll on the floor this time, but I did laugh. I suspect the heat has knocked out the sarcasm detectors. Even here, where we look south toward Canada, it is hot.
PS, I didn't really roll on the floor yesterday. I didn't really LOL either, but I did at least chortle, which might be expressed as COL. I do fear that your post must now send this off to the land of the dragons, though.

clubexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 23:57

xetaprime:

Don't waste your time. From past experience when the sycophants join in the same old crew of team members are emboldened and the paranoia, sarcasm and abuse escalates. You and any hope of sanity have had it.

Great distro shame about the people.

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 10:04

piper wrote
      Quote:
I believe you fit well in a windows environment, I actully don't even think ubuntu is good for you (no smilie because I am serious)

Have a nice day, don't forget to smile, I will not feed the trolls ..

I'm sorry clubex but I have to say a bit more for some of it has to do with imagination but I do appreciate your post.

Never in my time on line have I experienced this kind of Linux animosity and from a moderator no less. It is shocking to me. It's almost unbelievable. Except perhaps for some heated arguments that I was never involved in where users chose to run their systems as root.

I love Linux! I have been using it since 1998. I've created quite a few icewm window decorations over at kde-look.org- some stupid silly, some a bit sleaker but I am a linux user and if it weren't for video editing I would not be touching Windows at all.

Have I ever said aptosid is not as good as (another) system? Have I put it down? So I like to Remaster with Remastersys- is this troll worthy? Saying I feel things will eventually head more gui is trolling? Is there a warning here in the forum about that?

If you can click on a symbol that takes care of typing an entire sentence- will you hold true to typing that sentence letter by letter? For me it's about stability and speed. Saving time when I work. This is trolling? How could this belief be trolling and- have I ever called anyone a fool for doing anything the way they want to do it? If you want to type away- have at it.

A few times people were surprised the thread had not been closed yet so in fun, I thought wrongly, I'd write something that I knew was yes, not done here- but I was only playing around. I had no idea that signing in here meant you had to leave your sense of humor at the door. One would think by the reactions that I made some kind of racial slur.

Ubuntu was mentioned, not by me and I'll say this- I hate Unity! It's plain awful to me. I wasted a good DVD on it. I did use 10.4 for a short while but compared to other distros I've used it's been a blink of an eye. I would have been using aptosid sooner if if I had known back then what I know now- about installing e17 through svn. Thank god using e17 doesn't mean 'TROLL'.

Please forgive what I'm about to say. I think aptosid has one of, if not the best, fastest and easiest gui installers ever found on a live system!

Time to drink some coffee or is that not allowed here Shocked

Sincerely,
Xeta

oddballOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 13:13

There have been times when "Anything Goes" was a little funny, some greetings, jokes, comments about things happening in the world and so on.

To be sarcastic or ironic in a written forum is much harder than doing it in real life, it's easier to misunderstand and further more if the discussion is already infected.

So please all of you stop this boring shit witch is not leading anywhere but to more misunderstandings, anger and bitterness.

Please everybody, team members, moderators and users, try to be a little kind to each other. I promise that all will feel better with that. Friendliness leads to friendliness.

Maybe you shall all read the book "The Art of Being Kind" by Stefan Einhorn. The book is translated to at least 15 languages so you will probably find it in your language.

se7enOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 13:28

Friendliness leads to friendliness.
+1

clubexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 15:30

oddball and se7en:

+1

diblOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 16:00

oddball wrote:

Friendliness leads to friendliness.

+1

Plus, arguing with someone online is the world's biggest waste of time. Find something productive to do instead.

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 16:03
Team Member

Are we now collecting votes to stop posting to this useless topic, and going back to the stuff we actually are about here in our support forums - creating an operating system? If this is the case, +1 from me, too.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
se7enOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 16:50

No I guess what some of us agree on is:
That a little respect on both sides would lead to less drama and automatically a better tone.
Which was part of this "useless" thread and many other.

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 17:48

se7en
      Quote:

No I guess what some of us agree on is:
That a little respect on both sides would lead to less drama and automatically a better tone.
Which was part of this "useless" thread and many other.

+1 x infinity

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 18:32
Team Member

+1 for more respect from ALL sides.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.07.2011, 20:15

Can I add something to this mix slam?

I never set out to offend anyone and for that I am sorry. I really am. Perhaps if the next post, after mine was "Are you serious?" or "kidding" or even "That isn't allowed to be discussed here" before I was maligned which I feel I was being called a fool and unworthy of Ubuntu, I would have then responded with "I'm sorry".

Can you understand that? Because the immediate response was to attack me. And I was attacked when no ill will towards aptosiid was intended. If I knew my post would go over so badly I wouldn't have gone through with it. I assure you I am no Troll as was stated. Whoever believes this to be true, is wrong.

I just hope that moderaters especially before calling someone out so rudely, pms them first with a warning? before making such a spectacle. I would have gladly apologized right off, or deleted my post entirely.

Sincerely,
Xeta

Jump to: