View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
piperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 18:54

Quote:
Why don't you like the way things are done here ?

The first and #1 answer will be that word that is censored

The second and #2 answer will be, Why can't I install that script

http://forums.debian.net/ has the answers, if it was a true official debian site like #debian, you couldn't discuss those things either, were idiots cause we don't support anything outside of debian, which don't take much of an education on running support for a 100% debian distro ...... ah whats the use, this has been done over and over and over and over so much that my fingers are bleeding for typing the same crap since 2006

If we supported repos outside of debian (3rd party) we would be nothing but microsoft windows

3rd party crap got them in trouble also, even mozilla is starting to test 3rd party apps/extensions etc

not just for virus/rootkit etc but for things that slow the browser down, mem leaks on top of it's own mem leak etc.

I can keep going, but the idiot has to pee

Reply with quote Back to top
ghstryderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 19:15

[quote="clubex"]
      Quote:
Do you people never learn anything?
No, we are ignorant. You are obviously the only smart one.

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 19:50

Quote:
ah whats the use, this has been done over and over and over and over so much that my fingers are bleeding for typing the same crap since 2006

I can keep going, but the idiot has to pee

Pee is important Wink

But I think the underlying issue is how one responds here. If something isn't 'supported' explain why and if need be explain again even with fingers bleeding or better yet point people to a sticky to cut down on blood loss. That's what happens when you take something like this on. You aren't targeting one county or a few hundred people when you unleash a distro or a system- you are targeting the world. You know that going in. It's how you respond to the incessant questions from noobs who haven't perhaps even read a single post yet that wins high marks.

You're making comparisons to other systems when it is more a matter of public relations. I've been on many a debian forum and found answers I needed. I haven't seen 'If you're not happy, leave' not that that hasn't happened. But I personally have not experienced what is happening here on any other 'Linux' forum.

This is not about third party repos. It's how you respond to people's criticism and their needs/wants. If something is not supported there really is a nice way to let them know vs see ya! It comes down to manners. It's okay if things are done differently here after all it's your baby. But be nice about it. It's pretty easy.

I could say the same thing as you in a different way. 'If you don't like being here answering questions with as much respect as you can muster for the benefit of your users/members, leave!'

I'm not trying to cause trouble. I mean that with all my heart but I think you are missing the point of all this.

Best wishes,
Xeta

P.S. Or, like I mentioned earlier about invitation only, make members fill out a questionnaire before allowing people to join. Then you can have a forum better suited to your needs. This practice is active all over the web. Less bleeding for sure if that is what you are after.

P.P.S. Here's what you should do but, may not, probably.
(From aptosid for 'official' release)

We appreciate your input and will look into the matter. We wish to support those who continue to support us and we look forward to a happier and healthier aptosid forum.

Best, 'The Team'

tmi ? Cool

clubexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 20:49

ghstryder:

Your last post merely proves my point. You have nothing to say other than to insult. What a waste of time.

ghstryderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 20:55

You're a funny guy. You ask "do you people never learn anything?", and * I * am insulting? Some of you really do think you are special snowflakes. Babbling on, cherrypicking a single web site to hold up as a shining example, citing your opinion as if it should be fact and defining what you consider to be a waste of time adds nothing whatsoever anywhere other than inside your head.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 21:26

c'mon guys...lets all shake hands and make up as life is too short to spend on shooting verbal barbs at each other

ghstryderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 21:33

ROFL. Good point. My computers work fine, as usual, the forum owners will run things as they see fit, and life is good.

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 21:49

Firstly
      Quote:
ROFL. Good point. My computers work fine, as usual, the forum owners will run things as they see fit, and life is good.
How is this roll on the floor laughing? But I agree 'Life can be good' when you're not threatened by Starvation, Tsunamis and Radiation.

ghostryder,
You have to admit
      Quote:
No, we are ignorant. You are obviously the only smart one.
Was a bit snide. The rest is even more so- babbling cherry-picking snowflakes? When my thread was closed the only negatives were remarks about the 'tone' of posts. Nothing like this, and not that I want this closed as obviously there is something going on that needs addressing.

Where's Jon Stewart when you need him?

Can everyone shake hands? It might help if it sounds sincere. 'ROFL' doesn't quite do it for me. How about we address eachother as names are quite apparently visible?

Challenge: @ghstryder offer a handshake to clubex (ding!)

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 23:12

xeta, I like your style...your skill at disarming warring people is quite impressive

piperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 04:36

Quote:

If something isn't 'supported' explain why

LOL, you havent learned a thing

the style ... I will stay out of that one ... I have ...

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 10:03

Good Morning,
@piper,
      Quote:
LOL, you havent learned a thing

It is true I am an old Horse, well, middle aged Horse if I make it to 108, and you can't make me drink water I tell ya! At least you're laughing. I suppose that's something.

School out for summer yet?

Thanx DD Very Happy

deachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 12:19

If my comments and those like mine are counterproductive, then the original post was also. I totally agree it was counterproductive to the purpose of these forums...HOWEVER it was a comment directed at those that just won't accept things are the way they are here. I've received help in these forums, and on IRC and, will hopefully receive the same again. All of these "good bye I'm leaving posts cause you kids won't play my way" are silly, childish and counterproductive....I totally agree.

I posted about the "tone" of these forums back in the sidux days, then finally figured out it's their sandbox and I like playing in it. I got help no matter what the tone was. (yes sometimes they made me feel stupid and I guess to some I was I prefer to think of it as a newbie or now I guess relative newbie).

I feel good people have come and gone from these forums, helpful people. I prefer not to get involved in the politics of the distro I choose to run but rather use it and help whenever (if) I can.

Regards
Deach

piperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 17:18

Quote:

School out for summer yet?

As a matter of fact my grandkids are on summer leave, and enjoying themselves, I will let them know you asked

by the way, I laugh all the time, this stuff is very funny to me, I shall use Smile more often
it really shows ...

Quote:

All of these "good bye I'm leaving posts cause you kids won't play my way" are silly, childish and counterproductive....I totally agree.

+1

The tone is direct, I should have listened years ago about "hand holding" both on the forums and irc, now, let ubuntu do that, many leave after they figure out some things and then search for "their" distro

I too am happy that "some" people left (especially back from kanotix days) it was the same stuff every day over & over

Aptosid is a great distro, to the point ... not ment for the people who like point & click or gui's, etc ..

The thing that used to pee (piss) me off were the people that knew this from the very beginning but tried to change sidux/aptosid, now, it makes me laugh, because .....

I refrain from .....

I have assumed control .... I have assumed control ...... (yes a rush freak)

dptOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 17:44

No one locked the thread.
My post last post?

dpt.

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.07.2011, 19:09

Not yet Twisted Evil apparently. Anyone want to say something really really bad?

hmmm, I love gui more than I like typing? I love Remastersys and Synaptic? ehh... and... I think gui is where it is all heading and eventually sux, sudo, su will be a thing of the past (fingers crossed) Rolling Eyes

Jump to: