View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rotohrOffline
11 Post subject: Dürfen die das?!?  PostPosted: 04.07.2011, 10:57

Boah, bin ich geladen. Evil or Very Mad
http://www.linuxusbdownload.com/Downloa ... nload.html

Diesem ›Kopierservice‹ sollte man dicke, harte Paragraphen FESTE auf die Rübe hauen. Solange, bis denen ihre "Gebühr für die Bereitstellung der Download Traffic" zu den Ohren wieder rauskommt!

Kann man da was machen...?

-rotohr

[edit]
Sry folks, rage made me slip to my mother tongue.
I'm upset about a german website, impertinently charging money for, amongst other FOSS, "Aptosid 2011-01 USB Stick" (the data, no hardware). I just wonder if and how it's possible to kick this scum HARD, juridically or even better monetarily.
[/edit]

Reply with quote Back to top
slamOffline
Post subject: RE: Dürfen die das?!?  PostPosted: 04.07.2011, 11:44
Team Member

While I really cannot recommend their product (we strictly encourage to download Aptosid from our official mirrors only!), yes. it is legal to charge for the service they offer. The GPL explicitely allows to charge for software. There are several businesses out there doing so, no problem with that - and no reason to be angry. Wink
I just wonder how they will provide the sources ...
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 04.07.2011, 11:59
Team Member

Just checked - what they actually sell is the download of a Windows executive, which downloads Aptosid and copies it onto a USB stick.

We offer a free and gratis solution to do the same via flashnull in our manuals.

Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to: