View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bmorencyOffline
Post subject: amarok will not play music cds  PostPosted: 20.07.2011, 02:50

Hi,

I am trying to play a music cd in amarok but for some reason it will not play. When I insert the cd it will detect the cd in the drive and it will list all the songs on the cd. When I add a song to the play list it shows the song name but the length of the song shows as 0:00. So when I click play nothing happens. I can play an mp3 from the hard drive and that will work too. I have tried to rip a song from the cd to the hard drive and amarok will play that file.

If I try to use Kaffeine and select play audio cd it will play. So i am not sure what is wrong with amarok.

Has anyone seen this before? I am on AMD64 with KDE 4.6.5

edit: one more thing I wanted to mention is that if I open the cd in a file manager and click on a file and open with kaffeine I get the following error "cannot find input plugin for MRL audiocd:/NameOfAudioFile.wav?device=/dev/sr0"

Reply with quote Back to top
bmorencyOffline
Post subject: RE: amarok will not play music cds  PostPosted: 20.07.2011, 03:18

I am using amarok 2.4.1 and I just found this bug report and it says the bug where it shows the song length as 0:00 is fixed in version 2.4.2.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=207806

Does anyone know when this new version will be avaliable? This bug report shows it linked to fedora. I am not sure if it is linked to Debian.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: amarok will not play music cds  PostPosted: 20.07.2011, 16:11

bmorency wrote:
I am using amarok 2.4.1 and I just found this bug report and it says the bug where it shows the song length as 0:00 is fixed in version 2.4.2.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=207806

Does anyone know when this new version will be avaliable? This bug report shows it linked to fedora. I am not sure if it is linked to Debian.

I didn't see a bugreport in debian for this issue, so perhaps one may be filed and referencing the KDE bugreport as there's now a patch out for the bug.

Jump to: