View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dpdt1Offline
Post subject: lxde issues - need advice.  PostPosted: 21.07.2011, 17:57

while losing my gnome-panel and moving to lxde temporarily, i encountered some issues and would need some help :

- 2 monitors only show as mirror screens. would like to have them as 2 separate side by side but lxde monitor tool only allows change of screens resolution and powering them off.

-gpg management. icedove with enigmail addon dont work as there is no key management (was using seahorse in gnome but doesnt work there). i think i can work around this with gpg-agent but havent used it before and dont know for sure. if anyone can help with this.
better yet if it's possible and anyone knows, how to integrate seahorse in lxde (?)

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: lxde issues - need advice.  PostPosted: 21.07.2011, 18:07

This is usually solved on the X.org level and not specific to your preferred window manager/ desktop environment. While some desktop environments (e.g. KDE) offer configuration help, it's usually a good idea to avoid those and configure X directly.

The manual has examples for configuring dual-screen setups through /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/, which apply to at least intel, radeon and nouveau; proprietary drivers need custom configurations. Legacy (not KMS/ xrandr compatible) drivers might be more difficult.

dpdt1Offline
Post subject: RE: lxde issues - need advice.  PostPosted: 07.09.2011, 09:24

i write the following in case anyone needs those (for tests most probably) :

about monitors :
grandr (http://packages.debian.org/sid/grandr) is a nice alternative gui for setting up 2 screens with very good functionality. one issue : it still doesnt show the best resolution for my second screen as gnome randr tool does. have to look into this more before submitting a bug or something.

about keys management :
you can still use seahorse in lxde according to this :
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560730
gonna try it in the next days and will report back.

slamOffline
Post subject: RE: lxde issues - need advice.  PostPosted: 07.09.2011, 11:19
Team Member

For keys management, you might want to have a look into keychain.
Regarding monitor setup you really should make use of xrandr, as already pointed out by slh.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to: