View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
giaurOffline
Post subject: Compiling 3.0 aptosid kernel/mak kpkg - corrupted .debs?  PostPosted: 31.08.2011, 17:33

Hello,

I need to compile aptosid kernel by myself (I need some configuration options not provided in default kernel packages). I want to use make-kpkg to generate both linux-image and linux-headers deb packages. So, everything is done like this (as root):

To configure kernel:
      Code:
make xconfig

To compile kernel:
      Code:
make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=-custom kernel_image kernel_headers

Everything seems to be ok, but the result is not what I want. After installing linux-image I can see, that there are 2 symlinks: /lib/modules/3.0-custom/build and /lib/modules/3.0-custom/source, pointing to directory I compile from (full sources directory). And linux-headers package is useles.

How to compile kernel to get valid packages, without links to source directory in linux-image deb and valid kernel headers deb (it should create valid links to kernel headers in /usr/src).

Reply with quote Back to top
LatOffline
Post subject: RE: Compiling 3.0 aptosid kernel/mak kpkg - corrupted .debs?  PostPosted: 03.09.2011, 16:56

I haven't compile a kernel since the end of 2009, but those symblink are normal (when you install the debs in the same installation where you build it)

Code:
 make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot kernel_headers kernel_image initrd --append-to-version=-custom --revision 1 --us --uc

If you install the built headers, you can delete the source symblink and re-point build to /usr/src/linux-headers-something-something

P.S & FWIW: Are you running "make oldconfig" before running make xconfig?

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: