View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gerdOffline
Post subject: Mouse jerks after du and switch to nouveau  PostPosted: 17.09.2011, 08:30

As the subject says. Each few seconds the mouse hangs for some 10ms when there is no other application running. CPU and RAM are harmly used. No file transfers.

Last du was maybe 2 weeks ago. As the new proprietary nvidia driver is buggy i switched to nouveau.
All log files are fine. I have no idea. If you need outputs or file, plz tell.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply with quote Back to top
broweOffline
Post subject: RE: Mouse jerks after du and switch to nouveau  PostPosted: 06.10.2011, 16:51

If you are using OpenGL try Xrender:

System Settings > Desktop > Advanced > Composting Type "Xrender"

It's hard to track this sort of thing down since there are no logs that would describe what you're seeing.
By going to Xrender you will loose some eyecandy.

piperOffline
Post subject: RE: Mouse jerks after du and switch to nouveau  PostPosted: 06.10.2011, 17:29

Wired or wireless mouse ?

You can also try

system settings -> input devices -> mouse -> advanced -> pointer acceleration -> try between 2.4 - 2.6

Has the mouse been like this since you switched to nouveau ?

Do a du, install the blob, and the problem will go away, it did for me (wireless logitec MX700)

On my main machine, nouveau is more buggy than the blob and it does effect my mouse movement, not real bad, but enough to notice.

gerdOffline
Post subject: RE: Mouse jerks after du and switch to nouveau  PostPosted: 06.10.2011, 17:32

I switchend back to nvidia drivers. There are problems with iceweasel and some sites but it works. But thx for help.

edit: @ piper: it was a wired usb mouse.

piperOffline
Post subject: RE: Mouse jerks after du and switch to nouveau  PostPosted: 06.10.2011, 17:37

What problems are you having with iceweasel ?

I am using nightly (both firefox & thunderbird 10.0a1)

gerdOffline
Post subject: RE: Mouse jerks after du and switch to nouveau  PostPosted: 06.10.2011, 17:41

In connection with the up to date xorg+nvidia the known perfomance problems with some websites. Xorg uses then 100% cpu. I could do downgrade but all sites i use work without these problems.

Jump to: