View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CyrusQOffline
12 Post subject: Microphone: How to activate PERMANENT playback?  PostPosted: 12.10.2011, 12:26

hi folks,

I'm running Ultrastar Deluxe (Singstar/Karaoke) and have bad sound with playback microphone within that app. So I wanna try to playback microphone sound by Linux/Aptosid permanently.

Is there an option to do this?

What I mean is that when micro is on and someone is speaking, it is being heard at the speakers (regardless what else is running/ but sound from apps must be heard too).

Thanks in advance!

Reply with quote Back to top
slamOffline
Post subject: RE: Microphone: How to activate PERMANENT playback?  PostPosted: 12.10.2011, 12:49
Team Member

Use alsamixer, and - as root - alsactl store to save your settings. You might also make use of KDE systemsettings/multimedia.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
CyrusQOffline
Post subject: RE: Microphone: How to activate PERMANENT playback?  PostPosted: 12.10.2011, 13:12

i already set the sound volume with alsamixer - but how can i force [b]permanently playback[b] of the microphones during the system is running and micros are on - so that i hear through the speakers what someone is speaking/singing, regardless of other running applications?

(other applications's sounds should be played as well!)

DonKultOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Microphone: How to activate PERMANENT playback?  PostPosted: 12.10.2011, 14:36
Team Member

CyrusQ wrote:
(other applications's sounds should be played as well!)

Maybe it helps if you can tell us which applications you talk about exactly and what doesn't work - because if i play two sound files they are played and i can listen to them at the same time…

Code:
(aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Left.wav &); aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Rear_Right.wav

I don't have a microphone, but an application reading from mircophone in shouldn't be all that different to an application reading from a file… (at the output end).

Just make sure that the output is directed to the right endpoint. Linux has multiple different (competing) soundsystems like OSS, ALSA, pulseaudio which tent to block each other.

Jump to: