View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
comadrejaOffline
Post subject: Biostar Viotech 3100+ - mic has NO function :cry:  PostPosted: 28.02.2012, 17:47

Location: Schmidhofen / Bad Kroyingen & Freiburg & deep south west corner of Germania
Hi,

i bought some time ago this board
-because NO fan it´s really fanless, only in the power-supply is a fan
-because lower energy

BUT after changing all and the first boot i had to notice that the mic has no function Sad

So NO call by internet-telefon-programs like sipgate, or skype with Larissa in Moskwa, no call to my cousin in Argentina Sad

Even areord had no function Sad

After changing the disk and starting a ms-os the mic was working, so i know every plug is in the right socket !

What can i do now ?

Because even aptosid made the mic NOT working Embarassed

The post on other Debian-related forums gave me until now, sorry no good idea, but YOU cann see all (?) the informations i have posted :

Code:
http://debianforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=134791&hilit=biostar

Code:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76492&p=422849&hilit=biostar#p422849

So has anybody a idea ?

Thanks for reading / notice this post and enjoy the life with a lot of FUN - because it´s so damn short
Cool
Reginaldo from the deep-south-west-corner, the so called three-countries edge, Swiss - France - Germany, in the very little sleeping part of Bad Krozingen, the part i am living is called Schmidhofen Smile and from my balcony i see the sun going down in the evening behind the mountains in France called Vogesen. . . .viva la vida, viva la noche, viva la mademoiselles, tout pour moi . . . Cool
http://www.bad-krozingen-schmidhofen.de - enjoy it Idea

Reply with quote Back to top
seasonsOffline
Post subject: RE: Biostar Viotech 3100+ - mic has NO function :cry:  PostPosted: 28.02.2012, 22:03

There are a ton of fixes for VIA codecs in ALSA 1.0.25. I'm not sure of the best way to get latest ALSA kernel module in Debian other than rolling a kernel or compiling ALSA.
Maybe it would be best to wait for kernel 3.3 if you're not comfortable with compiling stuff.

comadrejaOffline
Post subject: RE: Biostar Viotech 3100+ - mic has NO function :cry:  PostPosted: 29.02.2012, 16:22

Location: Schmidhofen / Bad Kroyingen & Freiburg & deep south west corner of Germania
Hi i just burned a cd and made a cold boot from and with the burned cd and aptosid Smile

But sorry, anyway -> no function of the mic . . . . .

In stable the alsa version is = 1.0.23+dfs
In aptosid the alsa version is what you wrote Smile

Anyway i can NOT use the mic Embarassed

Ok let´s ask a guy / a programmer in India or somewhere else. . .
Thanks

seasonsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Biostar Viotech 3100+ - mic has NO function :cry:  PostPosted: 02.03.2012, 01:13

comadreja wrote:
In aptosid the alsa version is what you wrote Smile

The ALSA user-space stuff may be 1.0.25, but the kernel module is not. Verify that with:
      Code:
cat /proc/asound/version

Quote:
Ok let´s ask a guy / a programmer in India or somewhere else...

As someone who used to do international tech support for a living, I can tell you that ignorance and stupidity do not discriminate against race/nationality. Confused

Jump to: