View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
apogarteOffline
15 Post subject: random system hanging and odd things (solved)  PostPosted: 19.04.2012, 12:24

hello
strange things happens this day on my laptop : i was using iceweasel and kate, simultaneously, while listening music.
suddenly, i lost control of my desktop : while the music kept playing, everything started to be overlighted scrolling down in iceweasel,
and i was unable to stop it, and also unable to do anything like closing windows, accessing launchers in the system tray, kmenu, etc
it ended with a reboot
but now my desktops behaves very weird, i cannot start the system settings from kmenu, clicking kmenu randomly works, or not, i have no knemo and no kmix anymore in the system tray...

cannot start also konsole or dolphin or kdesvn from quick launch, while iceweasel (same location) works !!!

i suppose i've done something wrong but as for now i feel lost, any idea please ?!

Edit : as i had rnd moves of cursor while typing, i added syndaemon to my kde autostart but supposedly misconfigured wich created conflicts with the system ?! removing this entry from autostart resolved it (alps pointing device is not recognised here only mouse in systemsettings)

(aptosid kdefull 2011-03 uptodate on dell vostro 3555)

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: