View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hyOffline
2 Post subject: CANON MX 410 wireless printer/scanner/fax  PostPosted: 27.08.2012, 18:04

Hi, I had my new CANON MX 410 wireless printer/scanner/fax installed on an old machine that had a straight upgrade path from sidux (or even earlier...).

In order to make this wireless printer run I had searched for some install scripts - and found them ... but can't remember where. Probably one of the more exotic ubuntu forums in spain...

Well, having bought a new machine I installed aptosid from the 2011/3 ponos image (32-bit) and after a dist-upgrade I ran the scripts from the package mentioned above.
It resulted in an error.
Anyway I was able to change the scripts in order to make scanner and printer run properly.

If anybody with aptosid i386 needs to setup THIS printer I would love to share them. But I think it's not useful to promote them for download, because they probably mess up when run on any other combination instead of aptosid i386

Feel free to contact me when this matches your problem.

regards

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: