View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hrsOffline
Post subject: Secondary user config changes after dist-upgrade  PostPosted: 26.08.2012, 00:13

Hi,

On my computer there are 2 users. Me being the first user, as it goes with installing. The second user was created with the adduser command.

After each dist-upgrade, the configuration of the secondary user is changed back to some sort of default. First it was only the wallpaper changing back to some default wallpaper. This has been like that for some time now, but I didn't think it was important. The other day though the KDE menu was switched back to the new style menu from the classic style.

Perhaps there are other config issues that we didn't notice.

Any ideas what might cause this and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Secondary user config changes after dist-upgrade  PostPosted: 28.08.2012, 20:51

Bug 278724 - Application launchers cannot be removed
KDE 4.7 - Removing the autostart launchers from the panel
As described in those links, there are workarounds for this problem.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Secondary user config changes after dist-upgrade  PostPosted: 28.08.2012, 22:47

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Secondary user config changes after dist-upgrade  PostPosted: 04.12.2012, 01:28

Should be solved by kde-workspace 4:4.8.4-5, coming to you as part of the next mirror sync.

Jump to: