View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
k1tt3hOffline
29 Post subject: libsnmp-base_5.7.2~dfsg-5_all (Broken pipe)  PostPosted: 19.05.2013, 22:09

While performing a d-u today, I encountered this error. I am currently unsure if it is something I have caused, so I am just going to mention here and cross my fingers that it wasn't. :3
      Code:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
  libsnmp-base
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/1,563 kB of archives.
After this operation, 30.7 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 110462 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libsnmp-base 5.7.2~dfsg-4 (using .../libsnmp-base_5.7.2~dfsg-5_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libsnmp-base ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libsnmp-base_5.7.2~dfsg-5_all.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/net-snmp-config', which is also in package libsnmp15 5.4.3~dfsg-3
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libsnmp-base_5.7.2~dfsg-5_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Happy hacking and be safe. Very Happy

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: libsnmp-base_5.7.2~dfsg-5_all (Broken pipe)  PostPosted: 19.05.2013, 22:30

Try to purge the packages involved and check if you need any of them, libsnmp15 has most likely been pulled in by hplip (a framework for certain, mostly inkjet based, HP printers). So if hplip is all what's to be removed by "apt-get remove --purge libsnmp-base libsnmp15 libsnmp30", that would be the easiest workaround (of course, only if you don't use a HP printer).

This doesn't make it less of a bug in Debian's net-smnp packaging though.

k1tt3hOffline
32 Post subject: Re: RE: libsnmp-base_5.7.2~dfsg-5_all (Broken pipe)  PostPosted: 20.05.2013, 06:47

Thanks for the response, slh. I will do a thorough search to see it has been reported.

Just to put some closure to this issue, and because as of lately ``unstable'' aptosid has been rock solid. so I am free to play and have fun, I must accept that it was my fault somehow.

I want to mention that I have two installs now of the aptosid team's newest release, one being my wittle baby good time system, and the other a pure vanilla experience with no modifications at all ( other than installing Terminus, Terminus everywhere. ) I did not encounter the error I mentioned above at all, and I have updated fully as of a few hours ago.

That being the case, I must accept responsibility and confess I have caused it. In case anyone was concerned, even just a little bit.

Sorry if I bothered.

Jump to: