View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ShakaZOffline
Post subject: 3d screensaver gone & more after upgrading to Kde 4.10  PostPosted: 19.07.2013, 04:03

1st issue : My system had a beautiful screensaver, it was a 3d cube slideshow picking one image randomly in a folder, the cube was rotating, zooming and there were some lighting and fireworks. It has now been replaced by the "simple locker" in the Screen Locker settings of Kde. I've been trying to put it back as it was for 3 hours now but couldn't find it. I'm not sure if it was part of kde or from another source but I would be grateful to anyone who knows about this screensaver.

2nd issue : Trying to change the login screen of Kde, fails consistently. Whether in themed greeter mode or choosing a background image, the result is not the chosen background. After applying the changes it messes up the application appearance settings as a bonus (Edit : applying the changes is not even necessary to mess it up. barely going in the Login Screen settings without doing anything and then closing System Settings is enough!!!).

Reply with quote Back to top
DonKultOffline
Post subject: RE: 3d screensaver gone & more after upgrading to Kde 4.  PostPosted: 19.07.2013, 08:15
Team Member

1st issue: Which graphic card and with non-free driver or not? E.g. Nvidia doesn't work with 3.10 at the moment (lets hope the debian maintainers will do something; Nvidia hasn't release a working patch/new version fixing it so far [as usual]). You have to stick with 3.9 for the moment if you use those.

2nd issue: No real idea (I am not a KDE user), but have you tried creating a new dummy user and changing settings there? Maybe the new version chocks on some old settings.

ShakaZOffline
Post subject: RE: 3d screensaver gone & more after upgrading to Kde 4.  PostPosted: 19.07.2013, 10:00

1st issue : I'm still using 3.9 with the Nvidia driver.

2nd issue : I'll give it a try to see if that helps.

Jump to: