View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bluewaterOffline
Post subject: X.org (xserver-xorg-core) transitioning from 1.14.5 to 1.15.  PostPosted: 08.02.2014, 12:39
Team Member

X.org (xserver-xorg-core) transitioning from 1.14.5 to 1.15...... the X.org maintainers kind of announced that (without a fixed date) about a week or two ago ,,,, all xserver-xorg-video-* and xserver-xorg-input-* will need to be rebuilt against xserver-xorg-core 1.15.0

The advice is::: read what is to be be removed, and if Xorg packages are to to be removed and not being replaced, DO NOT ACTION the dist-upgrade.

Be patient

Reply with quote Back to top
polixOffline
Post subject: RE: X.org (xserver-xorg-core) transitioning from 1.14.5 to 1  PostPosted: 20.02.2014, 06:22

Yesterday I did d-u: any problems. Just one packages has been removed,but it does not damaged my aptosid.

BarlafussOffline
Post subject: RE: X.org (xserver-xorg-core) transitioning from 1.14.5 to 1  PostPosted: 20.02.2014, 16:49

the same here

hrsOffline
Post subject: RE: X.org (xserver-xorg-core) transitioning from 1.14.5 to 1  PostPosted: 22.02.2014, 21:19

I got a bunch of these
      Code:
gtk-update-icon-cache-3.0:13426): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory
This likely means that your installation is broken.

But it doesn't appear to be a problem.

edit: the previous and next icons in iceweasel are broken / replaced by an x icon.

The error I got told me to try
      Code:
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache

which I didn't because I don't have gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders installed. Will install and try tomorrow and report back.

edit2: running the gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders command as stated above restores the icons in iceweasel.

hyOffline
Post subject: RE: X.org (xserver-xorg-core) transitioning from 1.14.5 to 1  PostPosted: 06.03.2014, 18:59

I am having xserver-xorg-video-qxl removed but it is not installed. But xserver-xorg-core and some others.
Is it save to d-u?
Thanks in advance.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: X.org (xserver-xorg-core) transitioning from 1.14.5 to 1  PostPosted: 06.03.2014, 19:06

Unless you do use "xserver-xorg-video-qxl" (virtual graphics, used for qemu(-kvm) and remote X (virtual and native), it is safe - but given that xserver-xorg-video-qxl is still FTBS on i386, the transition technically isn't over yet.

Jump to: