View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
snvvOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.10.2010, 21:13

One more "problem" now...

After fine tuning the bios the USB transfer rate is approximately 80 KB/s which is about the same with the e-sata drive.
Is that normal?

Reply with quote Back to top
ikeinthaiOffline
Post subject: horse and buggy days.  PostPosted: 14.10.2010, 13:46

snvv wrote:
One more "problem" now...

After fine tuning the bios the USB transfer rate is approximately 80 KB/s.
Is that normal?

you mean 80MB/sec don't you?

i'm having same/similar problems. transfer from an external usb hdd to a usb sdcard went from 15-20MB/sec to a few KB per second, a 10,000x drop in speed. not remembering how to get root dolphin with the live cd (dbus-launch dolphin doesn't work) that foiled that attempted workaround.

i haven't had a chance to check which of these two is slow (or both). all i know is that i tried to transfer a file before going to work and had to give up.

i can't say it was the most recent kernel. i think it was working fine for a while. i don't transfer stuff regularly so i can't say when it happened. [in fact i vaguely remember something similar a month or two ago, and then it magically going away with a dist-upgrade before i could worry about it, as happens with many problems on aptosidux]

ike.

i have a recent Gigabyte motherboard with an AM3 socket, if it has got something to do with the BIOS.
***edit:and now that i think of it, it might only be the usb connectors that go thru the SB710 southbridge that are slow. the ones that connect to the 880G northbridge might be ok. i've got to check that!

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: