View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GdV87Offline
Post subject: Black screen after dist-upgrade [SOLVED]  PostPosted: 11.10.2010, 12:42

After an upgrade yesterday (sux, xserver-common, xserver-xorg-core, cdebootstrap and several others) now xserver won't start.

I can boot in runlevel 3 but, if try to go in runlevel 5, I get a black screen and the system freezes.
I've tried with the kernel cheat codes "radeon.modest=0" and "nomodeset" but nothing changed.
I've tried with "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" but this command gives no output at all.
In "/var/log/" there is a file named Xorg.0.log but it is empty.

My kernel is 2.6.35-4.slh.9-aptosid-amd64. My graphic card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400XT and I use fglrx proprietary driver.

Could someone help me?
Thanks

GdV87

p.s. sorry for my English but I am not a native speaker.

Last edited by GdV87 on 11.10.2010, 13:07; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
towoOffline
Post subject: RE: Black screen after dist-upgrade  PostPosted: 11.10.2010, 12:48

If you are using fglrx, you have to reinstall the fglrx-glx package, if there is an update of xserver-xorg-core.
If threr is a kernel-update, you have to rebuild fglrx-sorce for the new kernel or better, let dmakms doing that, then this will be gone automatic.

GdV87Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 11.10.2010, 13:04

Thanks!

"apt-get install --reinstall fglrx-glx" worked like a charm!

Jump to: