View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hrsOffline
Post subject: iceweasel 24.4.0 sometimes closes 2 tabs with close tab btn  PostPosted: 03.05.2014, 09:45

Since a few days I noticed that sometimes iceweasel closes 2 tabs where it would normally just close 1, when clicking the X close tab button. If there are only 2 tabs open, it will close the browser. It isn't 100% reproducable but it happens often enough. It is semi-reproducable by doing this:
- run a single instance of iceweasel
- load some page
- open a second tab and load another page in it
- close the first tab
- result: browser closes

I'm not sure if this is a bug or that I unknowingly messed up a setting, but I dont recall messing with settings. Is anyone else seeing this?

Reply with quote Back to top
spockOffline
Post subject: RE: iceweasel 24.4.0 sometimes closes 2 tabs with close tab  PostPosted: 03.05.2014, 12:44

I've not seen that happen, although I'm still on version 24.4.0 as I've not DU'ed for a week or so.

But I just thought I should share this tip in case it helps: you can restore previously closed tabs (one at a time, in order) by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+T.

What happens if you press CTRL+W to close a tab instead of clicking the X? And just to rule out mechanical failure: are you sure your mouse button isn't sticking and activating twice?

Forgive me if you know all this! Smile

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: iceweasel 24.4.0 sometimes closes 2 tabs with close tab  PostPosted: 03.05.2014, 19:11

The most likely reason is your left mouse button wearing out and producing double clicks when you only intended to click once; happens far too often.

hrsOffline
Post subject: RE: iceweasel 24.4.0 sometimes closes 2 tabs with close tab  PostPosted: 03.05.2014, 21:19

I didn't know those short-cuts, spock. Especially CTRL+SHIFT+T is nice to know.
The mouse didn't occur to me. I'll switch to another mouse for a while and see if the problem disappears.
Thanks.

Jump to: