View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
berserkergangOffline
Post subject: Microphone problem on Lenovo S10-3s  PostPosted: 04.10.2010, 10:52

I wonder if anybody can help me here. I have a Lenovo S10-3s netbook and when I installed the full KDE iso my microphone worked fine but now that I have the KDE lite installed to disk I cant seem to get the mic working. Anyone have any ideas or give me a quick pointer? Thanks a lot

sorry, forgot this:
Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)

Reply with quote Back to top
HeSaidOffline
Post subject: RE: Microphone problem on Lenovo S10-3s  PostPosted: 04.10.2010, 11:59

Which application are you using?
Start it from a terminal and look for error messages.
You can also check that the kernel modules are loaded:
      Code:
lsmod | grep snd

Compare your installed system to what you get on live DVD.

Also check dmesg for anything failing to load:
      Code:
dmesg | grep audio

--
Neal

aptosid 32-bit eeePC 900A

berserkergangOffline
Post subject: RE: Microphone problem on Lenovo S10-3s  PostPosted: 04.10.2010, 12:20

Hi, I get:

snd_hda_codec_conexant 25251 1
snd_hda_intel 18889 1
snd_hda_codec 66249 2 snd_hda_codec_conexant,snd_hda_intel
snd_hwdep 4738 1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm 55408 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
snd_seq 40171 0
snd_timer 15074 2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device 4173 1 snd_seq
snd 40649 10 snd_hda_codec_conexant,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
soundcore 4559 1 snd
snd_page_alloc 5637 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm

from lsmod | grep snd and nothing at all from 'dmesg | grep audio'

The application is Skype (I cant find any other way to test the mic) and runs without errors from the console.
I also have no volume sliders for the mic in either Kmix or Alsa Mixer gui.
I think I'll just reinstall the full KDE desktop and try make it run a little lighter. It was difficult enough trying to get the Broadcom WLAN working and I'm kinda tired out Wink But thanks very much for your time Smile

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Microphone problem on Lenovo S10-3s  PostPosted: 04.10.2010, 12:30

In regards to hardware support, there shouldn't be any difference between -lite and -full. However if you're talking about skype, it might still not be compatible with ALSA, so a test with decent ALSA capable applications might help.

HeSaidOffline
Post subject: RE: Microphone problem on Lenovo S10-3s  PostPosted: 04.10.2010, 12:34

No sliders here in alsamixer on my thinkpad. However, you can add the sliders in kmix -> settings -> configure channels. Drag from the left side to the right to add the sliders.
--
Neal

aptosid 32-bit eeePC 900A

berserkergangOffline
Post subject: RE: Microphone problem on Lenovo S10-3s  PostPosted: 04.10.2010, 12:49

I used Skype with the full KDE for about 2 hours on the same box without having to adjust anything two nights ago. I installed both from a usb using unetbootin. Does the 'md5sum' cheat still work when booting from usb like this? I'm thinking the media may be corrupt and will try a fromiso install from another partitiom
Thanks for your answer about the difference between hardware support though- thats what I wanted to know really Smile
Cheers
and @HeSaid, I'd alreadt tried that thanks. I get sliders without sliding 'things' Smile

The usb just failed 'md5sum' so hopefully that was it.. Here we go again, looks like another install and more ear-ache off the girlfriend Smile

bluewaterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 04.10.2010, 13:48
Team Member

unetbootin is known to be hit and miss as far as a successful installation is concerned with aptosid, works for some. yet others have problems

berserkergangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 22.10.2010, 05:56

I'm happy to say the latest kernel now gets my mic Smile

Jump to: