View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bytemanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 31.10.2010, 04:34

Hello everyone, thanks for the advice you all gave me. Wednesday I'll be back in my lab and I'll do some more testing. I'm not a person who gives up easily and I want to try to clone a partition from old to new lab. Even if the operation is not very correct from a conceptual viewpoint. I will let you know the results.

Reply with quote Back to top
bytemanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.11.2010, 15:49

Today I made the last attempt to install aptosid 2010-02 on a computer with the motherboard Asus P5N-MX. I cloned the partition with a working installation on another machine and I pasted the image onto a partition on the computer with Asus P5N-MX. It seems incredible, but when I rebooted the computer everything worked perfectly. Next week I will install, this way, aptosid 2010-02 on all computers in the new lab.

bytemanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.01.2011, 18:03

I anxiously awaited the release of the new release aptosid 2010-03 hoping that problems encountered with the previous release had been resolved . Unfortunately, the situation has deteriorated markedly, the Live CD continues to send, at boot, the reset signal to the system and therefore does not start at all. I will be forced, for my laboratory work, to use other distributions. It is a real shame!

Jump to: