View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
IgnorantGuruOffline
Post subject: PCManFM-Mod - new PPA  PostPosted: 07.05.2011, 14:27

I just finished setting up a PPA for my software - namely PCManFM-Mod as well as my scripts (just to make them convenient to install and update). This is the first time PCManFM-Mod has been available as a deb package (at least from me), and this is the first PPA I've experimented with. Seems to be working. I believe these packages should work for any Debian or Ubuntu version (let me know if I'm wrong), but were of course built on Aptosid. Anyway packaging for Debian wasn't too bad. If you have experience with packaging and have any tips or feedback feel free to let me know - I'm still learning the Debian way of doing things.

I may also experiment with adding packages for the genuine cdrtools to the PPA if I can get it to build and package. But that's a "we'll see" as yet.

http://igurublog.wordpress.com/downloads/ppa/

Reply with quote Back to top
DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: PCManFM-Mod - new PPA  PostPosted: 08.05.2011, 23:19

Here's hoping you get feedback on those packages. Definitely a plus in making packages for pure Debian vs Ubuntu and I'm sure some people with experience in packaging for Debian will chime in to offer you advice.

Most likely the main difference between Debian and Ubuntu packaging would be in the dependencies as well as the file locations.

diblOffline
Post subject: RE: PCManFM-Mod - new PPA  PostPosted: 09.05.2011, 00:34

Thanks for doing this, IG.

IgnorantGuruOffline
Post subject: RE: PCManFM-Mod - new PPA  PostPosted: 11.05.2011, 20:09

Feedback thus far has been good. There was an issue with gamin which I have hopefully resolved with the new packages. I also tested the new packages myself on an Ubuntu livecd with good results.

Jump to: