View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rick1053Offline
Post subject: laptop-mode-tools  PostPosted: 08.12.2010, 16:09

Hello aptosid users,
Do any of you have any experience I can glean from about laptop-mode-tools? It sounds like it might be quite useful for laptop users unless it is unnecessary due to kernel modules already compiled in the latest kernel. The description from the Debian packages site sounds good. Let me know what you think. Especially if you are using it now.
Thanks,
Rick

Reply with quote Back to top
finottiOffline
Post subject: RE: laptop-mode-tools  PostPosted: 09.12.2010, 06:34

Dear Rick,

If I remember well, the aptosid team does NOT recommend it. A good configuration of power devil should be enough.

(It doesn't mean you cannot try and see for yourself, of course...)

Luis

rick1053Offline
Post subject: RE: laptop-mode-tools  PostPosted: 09.12.2010, 11:55

Thanks finotti.
I use KDE and have configured power devil. It is great and precludes the need for most power saving software. Nevertheless, I am trying to spin down the HD and am unable to find out how to do that properly with power devil. Do you or any other user know how to change the amount of time the HD spins down on a laptop? I would not use this to wear out a desktop HD. I only know of two packages, laptop-mode-tools and noflushd.

Jump to: