Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
stampanteOffline
Post subject: Ctrl X don't erase line  PostPosted: 04.01.2011, 19:17



Joined: 2011-01-04
Posts: 9
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
I've installed aptosid xfce few days ago and i'm very satisfied.
I've solved all little problems excepted this one: in editors, the combination keys Ctrl + x delete the selected text, but not the selected void line.
For example, in the other distro that i use, like Debian and Ubuntu, when i use Netbeans, Ctrl X on selected line erase it totally; in Aptosid only the text is erased, but the line remains.
Excuse me for my bad english and thanks for the attention.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
muchan
Post subject:   PostPosted: 09.01.2011, 22:31
Moderator


Joined: 2010-09-11
Posts: 468

(This post remained unanswered.)

Well, what editor are you using?
Some editors do not support Ctrl+X for cutting to clipboard.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
stampanteOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.01.2011, 14:42



Joined: 2011-01-04
Posts: 9
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
      muchan wrote:
(This post remained unanswered.)

Well, what editor are you using?
Some editors do not support Ctrl+X for cutting to clipboard.

This problem is relative to all editors I use: gedit, mousepad and netbeans ide.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
muchan
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.01.2011, 15:07
Moderator


Joined: 2010-09-11
Posts: 468

I don't use gedit, mousepad, netbeans ide, but...

If you select the text in the line, (even whole line, i.e. shift+End),
Ctrl+X cut's only the selected text, but not "\n" (cariage-return/line-feed),
but if you select from bigenning of one line to the beginnig of next line,
(i.e Shift+Down) the "\n" is also cut, so erasing line.

Doesn't your editors on aptosid behave like this?
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
stampanteOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.01.2011, 16:10



Joined: 2011-01-04
Posts: 9
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
      muchan wrote:
I don't use gedit, mousepad, netbeans ide, but...

If you select the text in the line, (even whole line, i.e. shift+End),
Ctrl+X cut's only the selected text, but not "\n" (cariage-return/line-feed),
but if you select from bigenning of one line to the beginnig of next line,
(i.e Shift+Down) the "\n" is also cut, so erasing line.

Doesn't your editors on aptosid behave like this?

Yes, editors behave like this.
Instead, other distro allows to select a void line and i can erase it with ctrl X (the \n is cut)
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
muchan
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.01.2011, 17:48
Moderator


Joined: 2010-09-11
Posts: 468

now I started in XFCE, fully up-to-date version.
I tried note, mousepad, and gedit.

first, mousepad behaves completely unuseable to me... 8(
It's awfully slow, and it doesn't react to <Enter>.
I don't know how to use this software.

on Notes and gedit, I can reproduce as you describe,
select entire line and Ctrl+X, cuts the content of the line,
blank line stays. Then, with Ctrl+RightArrow show the "select"
till the right boundary of the window, and Ctrl+X removes the line.
With Ctrl+End does not behave like this.

Since XFCE, and these editors are directly from Debian repository, it should not any different from Debian.
Your other distro may be based on another repo of Debian, so may have other versions of XFCE or editors, though.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
stampanteOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 11.01.2011, 16:05



Joined: 2011-01-04
Posts: 9
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
      muchan wrote:
now I started in XFCE, fully up-to-date version.
I tried note, mousepad, and gedit.

first, mousepad behaves completely unuseable to me... 8(
It's awfully slow, and it doesn't react to <Enter>.
I don't know how to use this software.

on Notes and gedit, I can reproduce as you describe,
select entire line and Ctrl+X, cuts the content of the line,
blank line stays. Then, with Ctrl+RightArrow show the "select"
till the right boundary of the window, and Ctrl+X removes the line.
With Ctrl+End does not behave like this.

Since XFCE, and these editors are directly from Debian repository, it should not any different from Debian.
Your other distro may be based on another repo of Debian, so may have other versions of XFCE or editors, though.


Well, i think that the different behavior of ctrl X in aptosid respect other distro i use (Debian, Ubuntu) depends on a different setting. Unfurtunally i don't know which is the specific configuration file.
Thank you for help.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Display posts from previous:     
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by Zafenio