View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DonKultOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: dist-upgrade 32 bit  PostPosted: 15.02.2011, 23:51
Team Member

muchan wrote:
(probably first xx of xx-xxxx is, 20, and second xxxx should be the name of driver... "nv", "nouveau" etc. but if I switch the driver by moving #, then I'd use 20-videodriver.conf... ?)

The name is not really important (expect the '.conf' extension) - it just defines the order in which the files are read. So you can call it '20-videodriver.conf', 'nvidia.conf', '00-toilet.conf' or 'whatever.conf' (just avoid special ćhäŕáçt€rş). But try to name it in a way you can guess from the name what it does - so 'toilet' is maybe not the best name - or at least not if you didn't have a strong association between flushing down 'crap' and your videocard. Wink

Reply with quote Back to top
jojiOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: dist-upgrade 32 bit  PostPosted: 16.02.2011, 07:47

[quote="muchan"]
      Quote:
If you have been running proprietary drivers and wish to revert back to opensource drivers, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xx-xxxx.conf with an editor with root permissions. Find the section that reads SECTION DEVICE and change the display driver to read nouveau OR radeon OR intel (to name but a few).

Thank you for understanding and kind reaction. And good advice. I created a subdir '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d', renamed the "xorg.conf" to "nv.conf" and put it in '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/'
      Quote:
I wonder, if your xrandr problem is also solved.
Yes, seems to be OK as well
      Code:
~$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1680 x 1050, maximum 1920 x 1920
VGA1 disconnected
DVI1 disconnected
LVDS connected 1680x1050+0+0 0mm x 0mm
Any comments?

[quote="DonKult"]
      Quote:
The name is not really important (expect the '.conf' extension) - it just defines the order in which the files are read.
Thank you for this info. Called the file "nv.conf"

I do really appreciate your kind help.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: