View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
alexkOffline
15 Post subject: Malformed URL trash:/  PostPosted: 24.09.2011, 17:54

The Plasma Trash widget doesn't work for my user in KDE 4.6.5-1, it just gives the KIOExec error in the subject, but this widget works fine for another user on the same computer. Both users' settings in .kde were set to defaults. Deleting .kde/share/config/trashrc file has no effect. Accessing trash in Dolphin works fine. Must be some other difference between the users, not in a file under .kde?

Last edited by alexk on 24.09.2011, 20:19; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Malformed URL trash:/  PostPosted: 24.09.2011, 18:54

This is a wider problem. Testing in Konsole, running "kioclient exec trash:/" gives the same error, as well as "kioclient exec remote:/", though these commands run fine on the other user. Using kioclient exec to open a folder usually works, but often gives a lot of messages like this:
      Code:
$ kioclient exec file:/home/alex/Desktop/
kdeinit4: Shutting down running client.
klauncher: Exiting on signal 15
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kbuildsycoca4 running...
X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
  Major opcode: 102 (X_ChangeKeyboardControl)
  Resource id:  0xffffffd0
kded(10470)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel' had owner '' but we thought it was ':1.6'
No outputs have backlight property
kded(10470) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::brightness: org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.brightness failed
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::Changed()
Invalid D-BUS member name 'idle-hint' found in interface 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session' while parsing introspection
Invalid D-BUS member name 'is-local' found in interface 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session' while parsing introspection
Invalid D-BUS member name 'x11-display-device' found in interface 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session' while parsing introspection
Invalid D-BUS member name 'x11-display' found in interface 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session' while parsing introspection
Invalid D-BUS member name 'display-device' found in interface 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session' while parsing introspection
Invalid D-BUS member name 'remote-host-name' found in interface 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session' while parsing introspection
Invalid D-BUS member name 'session-type' found in interface 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session' while parsing introspection
Invalid D-BUS member name 'unix-user' found in interface 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session' while parsing introspection

Last edited by alexk on 26.09.2011, 21:53; edited 1 time in total

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Malformed URL trash:/  PostPosted: 24.09.2011, 20:19

I did a dist-upgrade that upgraded kde-workspace and kde-window-manager to version 4.6.5-3, but this didn't fix the problem (didn't expect it to because it was a user-specific problem). Then, I realized that I couldn't change file associations at all in System Settings with my user, though it worked with the other user. So, I renamed my ~/.local/share/mime folder, copied over the mime folder from the other user and that fixed these problems, except that Trash was pulling up in Konqueror. To fix that, I changed the Application Preference for inode/directory in System Settings/File Associations, which I was unable to do previously.

Jump to: