View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
revolOffline
Post subject: toXic music system  PostPosted: 15.02.2011, 13:51

Hello people Very Happy
this is my first post in this forum, I hope the category is right.
I'd like to spread the word about a project of mine, now quite stable...it's name is toXic: a system to ease and improve music/audio experience in Debian Sid/Aptosid (at the moment). Basically a bunch of bash scripts and some GUI interfaces which help not-linux-experts to explore linux music land. It will be useful for expert users too, giving them some tools to quick do operations which are frustrating and waste their time.
http://toxic.cubicarea.it/

Enjoy! Wink

Reply with quote Back to top
muchan
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.02.2011, 14:12

your site:
      Quote:

Debian Sid/Sidux/Aptosid are supported directly by a repository containing Music and Multimedia software. These are bleeding-edge packages, so a recent dist-upgrade (year 2010) from Sid repository is mandatory. In order to download software from this repo, you must add this line to your repositories:

looks outdated.
1, there is not sidux any more.
2, recent dist-upgrade (year 2010)? it's not quite recent. 8)

revolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.02.2011, 14:32

Recent dist-upgrade: I started the project in 2010, many people testing my system had old 2009 sidux version...I think I'll remove the word 'Recent'
There is not sidux any more: yes but it's only a reference for not-updated guys!

Anyway, I usually write my code on a updated machine and this code *should* work on not updated machines (for computers which cannot use internet connection continuously)

PS: aptosid rulez, but I like so much the name sidux Sad

Jump to: