View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pinsicchioOffline
Post subject: Problem with Flash Player and audio output (KDE 64bit)  PostPosted: 03.03.2011, 12:50

Hi,
I am new in this forum Very Happy . Yesterday I installed aptosid KDE 64bit.
I think it's a very good OS, but I still have two annoying problems:
1- I can't install flash player, can anyone help me? I am not so expert... Embarassed
2- Now, I have Kaffeine. My audio card is a Creative X-FI Xtreme audio. From the test, I have an output, but when I open a mp3 with one of the two programs, the song doesn't start and there is no output

Can anyone help me? Smile
Thank you and sorry for my english, I am italian

Reply with quote Back to top
cid-babaOffline
Post subject: RE: Problem with Flash Player and audio output (KDE 64bit)  PostPosted: 03.03.2011, 13:10

1: apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
(as root - you need to enable the non-free repo therefore)

2: have you installed the codecs for mp3? the are not free, and therefore are not in the debian repos (i think, but I'm not 100% sure). if you need help ask on irc, here nobody can help you due to legal restrictions.

pinsicchioOffline
Post subject: RE: Problem with Flash Player and audio output (KDE 64bit)  PostPosted: 03.03.2011, 13:28

Ok, I will ask on IRC. Thank you very much!

towoOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Problem with Flash Player and audio output (KDE 64bi  PostPosted: 03.03.2011, 13:41

cid-baba wrote:

2: have you installed the codecs for mp3? the are not free, and therefore are not in the debian repos (i think, but I'm not 100% sure). if you need help ask on irc, here nobody can help you due to legal restrictions.

That's not true!
For playing mp3 there are no special codecs needed!

slamOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Problem with Flash Player and audio output (KDE  PostPosted: 03.03.2011, 13:57
Team Member

For sound in KDE-applications, check your settings in Kmix.
MP3 playback is supported in aptosid out of the box, and not related to this problem.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to: