View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CarnophageOffline
Post subject: gdm is gone?  PostPosted: 08.03.2011, 17:27

Today, as I sometimes do, I run a little command
      Code:
apt-show-versions | awk '/No available version in archive/{print $1}'
to check if I have any garbage packages.

To my suprise I found that gdm is out of unstable repos. Did I miss the info about aptosid-xfce migrating to something else (gdm3? slim?)?

Reply with quote Back to top
finottiOffline
Post subject: RE: gdm is gone?  PostPosted: 08.03.2011, 19:58

I think it was replaced by gdm3...

CarnophageOffline
Post subject: RE: gdm is gone?  PostPosted: 09.03.2011, 17:04

Let's say I can live with gdm3 (I don't really like the amount of gnome libs it brings along). The question is why gdm wasn't upgraded to/replaced by gdm3 in my situation?

Maybe the reason is that even though I have the aptosid-art-xfce metapackage I still have only aptosid-art-xfce-keres installed.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Code:
[18:03][root][~]# dpkg -l | grep aptosid
ii  apt-conf-aptosid                            0.2.1                                aptosid defaults for apt
ii  aptosid-archive-keyring                     2011.02.09                           GnuPG archive keys of the aptosid archive
ii  aptosid-art-gdm-keres                       2011.01.0                            GDM theme for aptosid 2010-02 release
ii  aptosid-art-wallpaper                       1.5.23                               virtual package for wallpapers in aptosid
ii  aptosid-art-wallpaper-keres                 2011.01.2                            aptosid wallpaper for the 2010-02 release
ii  aptosid-art-xfce                            1.5.23                               virtual package for Xfce themes in aptosid
ii  aptosid-art-xfce-keres                      2011.01.2                            Xfce theme for the aptosid 2010-02 release
ii  aptosid-art-xsplash-keres                   2011.01.2                            Xfce splash theme for the aptosid 2010-02 release
ii  aptosid-manual-common                       02.10.2011.03.07-1                   the official aptosid manual - common files
ii  aptosid-manual-en                           02.10.2011.03.07-1                   the official English aptosid manual
ii  aptosid-scripts                             0.4.11                               miscellaneous scripts for aptosid
ii  aptosid-settings-xfce                       1.16.2                               provide default Xfce settings for aptosid

detaosOffline
Post subject: RE: gdm is gone?  PostPosted: 09.03.2011, 17:10
Team Member

due to the large number of changes gdm3 brings, the aptosid-art packages related to gdm have all been pulled. they are not yet compatible with gdm3.

Jump to: